Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Definition of Success

Word Origin and History for success
n.
1530s, "result, outcome," from Latin successus "an advance, succession, happy outcome," from succedere "come after" (see succeed ). Meaning"accomplishment of desired end" ( good successfirst recorded 1580s.
Okay now we have the Dictionary definition of success. 
What's your definition of success?
Are you achieving your goal(s) of success?
If not, why? What's stopping you?
My definition for success is: working towards my goals each and everyday in a CONSISTENT manner. My focus is squarely on my ACTION towards those goals, and spending the least amount of time looking at my results. I used to almost always look at my results, and that wasn't very empowering. Of course I took action, yet when I took the action, and didn't get the result I wanted, it would take a little out of me each time. Over time when you get enough taken out of you, you don't want to keep taking action. I also wasn't very consistent which is a recipe for failure.
Does that sound familiar to you? Has that happened in any area of your life? Husband, Wife, Kids, Work, Boss, Friends, Relatives, or Family members?  Do you know anyone who that happens too? Hmmm.
4 Steps to Success:
1. Write your goals down at look at them throughout the day. 10%
2. Take MASSIVE ACTION towards that goal. 65%
3. Look at the results your getting and adjust accordingly. 2%
4. Be consistent with the first 3 steps. 23%
Total = 100% success
Simple, easy, yet the hardest part is most people won't do it.
I know I'm going to cop a lot of flack for these percentages and how I have them weighted. Change the percentages to how you like them if you wish. Might I suggest that you leave the "results" at a very low number. You definitely need to look at results to see what changes need to be made, yet keep the other 3 steps at high percentages.
Follow these 4 easy steps to achieve the desired results and outcomes you wish.

Tomorrow: Is your mind password protected?
Keep Moving Forward


No comments:

Post a Comment