Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Helping

Have you helped anyone or anything at all today?

Do you remember in the past when you did help, how you felt?

I'll bet it was pretty good wasn't it? A sense of accomplishment as well as satisfaction.

My wife, daughter, and youngest son were out this morning, and we went to a coffee shop right across the street from the beach. It was so beautiful.

 I am grateful for my health, my never ending journey to better myself, my wife's and children's health, as well as the love for we all have for each other.

As we sat waiting for our coffee, a young female waitress brought our drinks to us. We could tell that she wasn't from Australia. After she left our table, I turned to my wife, daughter, and son, and asked them where they thought see was from. We all took our best guess. Two of us thought she was from France, one thought that she was from Middle Eastern area , one said Barcelona Spain. We took everything into account about her. Her accent, features, skin and hair color. When she came back to the table we asked her, and she said she was from Brazil. She had to leave right away because she had other customers to attend to.

When she came back she was smiling, and she brought a pitcher of water with mint inside of it to our table. She had more time to talk so we were asking questions about how she liked it here, and how long she was staying, and what did she like about Australia. As she was speaking, I asked her what her goals and dreams were. She said she didn't know. Fair enough because how many of us truly do?
We were talking about the economy, and asked what it was like in Brazil. She said she worked 60 hours a week, and that her pay was $500 a month. $500 A MONTH to live on. Think about that for a moment. She was very concerned that when she went back that she wouldn't be able to find any work as most of her friends don't have a job, and no prospects of getting a job anytime soon, and on top of all of that, the price of everything is going up via inflation.

I thought about it for a moment as my wife asked her some questions. I thought how can I be of help. When it was my turn to speak, I asked her if she ever heard of Network Marketing, MLM, Direct Sales etc.... She said she had not. I suggested that she look into it when she gets back to Brazil, because of the many wonderful products available, the low cost entry point, how she can earn an extra income, and she can help her friends and family either financially, or offering the opportunity to them as to making an extra income.

You should have seen the look of hope she had on her face! It was priceless! The fact that she has an opportunity to earn any money let alone an extra income, and to help her family and friends in the process.

I didn't tell her about my company or product or anything. I can see and hear some of you in MLM now screaming and pulling your hair out, (that would be an interesting visual).

I suggested to her that she look into all of the different companies and products BEFORE she made a decision. Again I can hear the screaming, and see the hair pulling. Hahahaha.

I gave her my card which has my name, phone number and my website on it, caryhuff.com, and told her that if she goes to the website, she will see inspiring and uplifting posts. She was most appreciative.

When she gets to my website, she won't see anywhere that I'm trying to "sell" her something. Next week I will have a link thought where someone can go to see an opportunity if they so desire.

My point is this. I didn't come from the point of what she could do for me, I came from the view of what can I do for her. To be helpful to her, not me.

I have to say, it felt really good.

So what have you done today to help someone or something?

It can be as simple as a smile, a kind word, listening to someone - really listening to them, picking up  a piece of trash whether someone is looking or not, giving something and expecting nothing in return.
Now that's beautiful because we all need more kindness, compassion, and love in our lives, and guess what, it starts with us.

Please feel free to share, copy and paste and call it your own. I give you all permission until further notice.

Keep Moving Forward (KMF)





No comments:

Post a Comment