Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Silver Bullet Train

If you don't know, I live on the Gold Coast which is in the state of Queensland in Australia (This is for people who don't live in Australia).
 In the US, I was originally from the east coast then in 1998 we moved to Las Vegas baby. From Vegas to Australia in 2006 (my wife was homesick. She's Australian).
Anyway, I was in the city of Brisbane (Australia) on Sunday, and we were walking along this market when my girlfriend (who is also my wife) ;) spotted this (she was bird dogging for me). It's called "The Silver Bullet". The story I got from the business that is in there now is that it belonged to Queensland Rail. It was in service in 1962 up until 1997, where it was sold to someone who put it in a paddock (field). From there, the guy who was telling me the story said he wasn't sure when the owners of the market bought it and placed it there. There had been numerous businesses in there the current one being a pub. Come to find out the market is closing down next month because they're going to build apartments there frown emoticon. Of course I'm going to have to find out what they are going to do with this old girl. I'd love to have her. Boy if those walls could talk.
Stay tuned..........

Please add or correct anything if you have further information or history about her. Thanks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment